One Day Elephant nursery (No Riding) and Doi Suthep Temple
Tour Code: APEN-02
Highlights: Elephant nursery (No Riding) - Elephant POOPOOPAPER Park – Doi Suthep Temple
Details: Thai Elephant Home Nursery
Tour operated by : AP GOOD @ TRAVEL (Private Tour only)
Tour duration : 9-9 ½ Hours
Tour departing : Departs daily on a private basis
Pick up time : 08:30 or 09:00 a.m. at your hotel lobby
Pick up & drop off conditions:
- Free pick up & drop off for hotels located in Chiang Mai city area only.
- Additional charges will apply for locations outside Chiang Mai city.
- If you are unsure about the specifics of your hotel or resort location, you can e- mail or call us upfront.
We depart from your hotel to Doi Suthep - Pui National Park which takes about a 45-minute drive. First, we visit Wat Phra That Doi Suthep or Doi Suthep Temple, one of northern Thailand’s most important and beautiful temples, located near the top of Doi Suthep (Mount Suthep). It is a place of worship, dates back to the year 1373 when the first Chedi was built. It is an important pilgrimage spot for the devout and is sacred site to many Thai people. Visitors can take the 306 steps staircase or ride on a cable car to reach the pagoda. Enjoy the magnificence of the temple with its Golden Chedi glowing and spectacular views of Chiang Mai City and its surroundings. A must visit! Next, we drive to Elephant POOPOOPAPER Park, Eco-friendly recycled paper making made with elephant poo and more. Lunch will provided at a local restaurant. After lunch, we drive to Thai Elephant Home Nursery and Organic Farm which is located in a beautiful valley. Here you will learn about history, behaviors and how to take care of the elephants. Enjoy interacting with them in their natural environment. It is an amazing experience in which you get to see and feel them. Finally, we enjoy fresh fruit before heading back to your hotel. We highly recommend this experience to any visitors to the Chiang Mai area.
08:30 a.m. Pick you up from your hotel in Chiang Mai
Drive about 45 minutes up to the mountain
Visit Doi Suthep Temple
Drive to Elephant POOPOO PAPER Park
Visit Elephant POOPOO PAPER Park
02:30 p.m. Change the outfit into the mahout’s outfit
Learn about history, behaviors and how to take care of the Elephants.
Meet the elephant
Feed, walk, play and interact with the elephant in their natural environment
Walk with your elephant to the river for a bath
Say goodbye to the elephant
Change your clothes
Enjoy fresh fruit
05:30 p.m. Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
06:00 p.m. Arrive at your hotel in Chiang Mai
1. We try and make our tour as fun and interactive as possible and encourage our guests to interact with each other. You'll have a chance to meet others while still being able to step away after the tour is over.
2. Program may be subject to change due to available schedule and any other unforeseen reasons.
|SERVICE TYPE||PRICES PER PERSON IN THAI BAHT|
|1 PAX||2 PAX||3 PAX||4-5 PAX||6-7 PAX||8-9 PAX|
- Private air conditioned van or car with Licensed driver
- English speaking tour guide with TAT license. Other languages are available on request
- All entrance fees / tickets as mentioned in the program
- All activities as mentioned in the program
- Drinking water in our car
- Mahout’s outfit and towel
- Travel accident insurance
- Your personal expenses
- All kind of alcohols & soft drinks
- Other optional tours
We carry a list of the extra options which can be added to your program. If you are interested in adding one or more to your program, please let us know and we will tell you if it is practical and what the additional fee will be.
ATV and Long-neck hill tribe
How to wear:
- Visitors must be properly dressed, shirt with short sleeves and long trousers is perfect for Temple tour.
- Sandals or water shoes
What to bring:
- Change of clothes (you will get wet)
- Sunscreen cream
- Hat or cap
- Insect repellent
- If you are happy with the level of service you’ve been provided by our tour guide and other local suppliers.
We only employ safe careful drivers and use the most modern and comfortable air conditioned cars or vans. Transportation will be arranged depending on the size of your group.
Please note during peak holiday periods we often need to contract vehicles to meet the high demand. Occasionally the make and model will be different from that described above but we do ensure all contracted vehicles offer the same comfort and safety level.