Morning Buddhist Culture and Doi Suthep Temple
Tour Code: APH-02
Highlights: Morning Alms Giving Ceremony - Doi Suthep Temple - Panoramic Views of the Chiang Mai City
Details: Half Day Sightseeing Tour
Tour operated by : AP GOOD @ TRAVEL (Private Tour only)
Tour duration : 4 Hours
Tour departing : Departs daily on a private basis
Pick up time : 06:30 a.m. at your hotel lobby
Pick up & drop off conditions:
- Free pick up and drop off for hotels located in Chiang Mai city area only.
- Additional charges will apply for locations outside Chiang Mai city.
- If you are unsure about the specifics of your hotel or resort location, you can e- mail or call us upfront.
We depart from your hotel early in the morning around 06:30 a.m. and drive to the foot of Doi Suthep (Mounth Suthep) which takes us about a 15-minute drive. Here we will participate in Morning Buddhist Alms giving to Buddhist monks and get a blessing. Then, we drive up to Doi Suthep temple. The morning is the best time to visit this tranquil place, as a beam of light from the rising sun brightens the Golden Pagoda. Wat Phra That Doi Suthep or Doi Suthep Temple, one of northern Thailand’s most important and beautiful temples, located near the top of Doi Suthep (Mount Suthep). It is a place of worship, dates back to the year 1373 when the first Chedi was built. It is an important pilgrimage spot for the devout and is sacred site to many Thai people. Visitors can take the 306 steps staircase or ride on a cable car to reach the pagoda. Enjoy the magnificence of the temple with its Golden Chedi glowing and spectacular views of Chiang Mai City and its surroundings. A must visit! After that, enjoy local Thai breakfast and visit Waroros Market, local market where lots of Thai locals do their shopping, before heading back to your hotel.
06:30 a.m. Pick you up from your hotel in Chiang Mai
Participate in Morning Buddhist Alms giving to Buddhist monks and get a blessing
Drive up to the mountain
Stop at viewpoint
Visit Doi Suthep Temple
Have Thai breakfast
Visit Waroros Market
10:15 a.m. Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
10:30 a.m. Arrive at your hotel in Chiang Mai
Remark: Program may be subject to change due to available schedule and any other unforeseen reasons.
|SERVICE TYPE||PRICES PER PERSON IN THAI BAHT|
|1 PAX||2 PAX||3 PAX||4-5 PAX||6-7 PAX||8-9 PAX|
- Private air conditioned van or car with Licensed driver
- English speaking tour guide with TAT license. Other languages are available on request.
- All entrance fees / tickets as mentioned in the program
- All activities as mentioned in the program
- Alms (food and flowers)
- Thai snack and Thai breakfast
- Drinking water in our car
- Travel accident insurance
What’s not included:
- Your personal expenses
- All kind of alcohols & soft drinks
- Other optional tours
We carry a list of the extra options which can be added to your program. If you are interested in adding one or more to your program, please let us know and we will tell you if it is practical and what the additional fee will be.
Phuping Palace, Hmong Village, Chiangmai Zoo, Handicraft Village, City Temple, Maeping River cruise
How to wear:
- You should dress appropriately, T - shirt with short sleeves and long trousers is perfect for Temple tour.
What to bring:
- Sunscreen cream
- Hat or cap
- If you are happy with the level of service you’ve been provided by our tour guide and other local suppliers.
We only employ safe careful drivers and use the most modern and comfortable air conditioned cars or vans. Transportation will be arranged depending on the size of your group.
Please note during peak holiday periods we often need to contract vehicles to meet the high demand. Occasionally the make and model will be different from that described above but we do ensure all contracted vehicles offer the same comfort and safety level.