Half day Umong Temple and Doi Suthep Temple
Tour Code: APH-06
Highlights: Umong Temple (Suan Buddha Dhamma) - Doi Suthep Temple
Details: Half Day Sightseeing Tour
Tour operated by : AP GOOD @ TRAVEL (Private Tour only)
Tour duration : 4 Hours
Tour departing : Departs daily on a private basis
Pickup time : 08:30 a.m. at your hotel lobby
Pickup & drop-off conditions:
- Free pickup and drop-off for hotels located in Chiang Mai city area only.
- Additional charges will apply for locations outside Chiang Mai city.
- If you are unsure about the specific of your hotel or resort location, you can email or call us upfront.
We depart from your hotel to Wat Umong (Suan Buddha Dhamma ) – Temple of the tunnels and Buddha Dhamma garden - or Umong Temple located just west of Chiang Mai city near Doi Suthep mountain. The temple was abandoned during the 15th century. In 1948 the temple was restored and was reopened as a center for meditation and Buddhist teachings. The temple’s setting in a forested area with a natural lake makes Umong temple an excellent place for meditation. Then, we continue to visit Wat Phra That Doi Suthep or Doi Suthep Temple, one of northern Thailand’s most important and beautiful temples, located near the top of Doi Suthep (Mount Suthep). It is a place of worship, dates back to the year 1373 when the first Chedi was built. It is an important pilgrimage spot for the devout and is sacred site to many Thai people. Visitors can take the 306 steps staircase or ride on a cable car to reach the pagoda. Enjoy the magnificence of the temple with its Golden Chedi glowing and spectacular views of Chiang Mai City and its surroundings. A must visit!
08:30 a.m. Pick up from your hotel in Chiang Mai
Drive 30 minutes Umong Temple
Visit Umong Temple
Drive up the mountain to Doi Suthep Temple
Visit Doi Suthep Temple
11:45 a.m. Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
12:30 p.m. Arrive at your hotel in Chiang Mai
Remark: Program may be subject to change without notice due to available schedule and any other unforeseen reasons.
|SERVICE TYPE||PRICES PER PERSON IN THAI BAHT|
|1 PAX||2-3 PAX||4-5 PAX||6-7 PAX||8-9 PAX|
|Private Tour ( 4 hours)||3,200||1,850||1,450||1,300||1,200|
- Private air conditioned van or car with Licensed Driver
- English speaking tour guide with TAT license. Other languages are available on request
- All entrance fees / tickets as mentioned in the program
- All activities as mentioned in the program
- Bottled drinking water in our car
-Travel accident insurance
What’s not included:
- Your personal expenses
- All kind of alcohols & soft drinks
- Other optional tours
How to wear:
You should dress appropriately, T - shirt with short sleeves and long trousers is perfect for Temple tour.
What to bring:
- Sunscreen cream
- Hat or cap
- If you are happy with the level of service you’ve been provided by our tour guide and other local suppliers.
We only employ safe and careful drivers and use the most modern and comfortable air conditioned cars or vans. Transportation will be arranged depending on the size of your group.
Please note during peak holiday periods we often need to contract vehicles to meet the high demand. Occasionally the make and model will be different from that described above but we do ensure all contracted vehicles offer the same comfort and safety level.