Monk Chanting at Doi Suthep Temple and Khan Toke Dinner
Tour Code: APH-05
Highlights: Monk Chanting at Doi Suthep Temple- The Panoramic View of Chiang Mai City - Khan Toke Dinner with Thai Performance
Details: Half Day Sightseeing Tour
Tour operated by : AP GOOD @ TRAVEL (Private Tour only)
Tour duration : 5 -5 ½ Hours
Tour departing : Departs daily on a private basis
Pickup time : 04:30 p.m. at your hotel lobby
Pickup & drop-off conditions:
- Free pickup and drop-off for hotels located in Chiang Mai city area only.
- Additional charges will apply for locations outside Chiang Mai city.
- If you are unsure about the specific of your hotel or resort location, you can email or call us upfront.
We depart from your hotel at 04:30 p.m. to Doi Suthep – Pui National Park which takes about a 1-hour drive. Doi Suthep is a mountain situated 16 kilometers from Chiang Mai with a summit that is 1,053 meters above sea level. First, we visit Wat Phra That Doi Suthep or Doi Suthep Temple, one of northern Thailand’s most important and beautiful temples, located near the top of Doi Suthep (Mount Suthep). It is place of worship, dates back to the year 1373 when the first Chedi was built. It is an important pilgrimage spot for the devout and is sacred site to many Thai people. Visitors can take the 306 steps staircase or ride on a cable car to reach the pagodas. Experience the monks chanting which is a very spiritual experience. Enjoy the magnificence of the temple with its Golden Chedi glowing and spectacular views of Chiang Mai City and its surroundings at sunset. A must visit! Then, drive to Chiang Mai city to Old Chiang Mai Cultural Center.Here you can enjoy an authentic Thai dinner within the atmosphere of northern Thai Style culture. You will be served the local food, which include sticky rice, fried pork skin, northern chili paste, pork curry, sweet crispy rice and deep fried banana on the small round table called a “Toke”, which is an important part of continuing the culture and local Lanna. While having your meal, you will be entertained by a Northern Cultural Performance. A special meal such as Standard food, Halal food (No pork) and Vegetarian food can be requested at the time of booking.
04:00 p.m. Pick up from your hotel in Chiang Mai
Drive 1 hour up to the mountain
Visit Doi Suthep Temple
Drive to Old Chiang Mai Cultural Center for Khan Toke Dinner
Enjoy an authentic Thai dinner (Khan Toke Dinner)
Entertained by a Northern and Thai Cultural Performance
09:00 p.m. Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
09:15 p.m. Arrive at your hotel in Chiang Mai
Remark: Program may be subject to change without notice due to available schedule and any other unforeseen reasons.
|SERVICE TYPE||PRICES PER PERSON IN THAI BAHT|
|1 PAX||2-3 PAX||4-5 PAX||6-7 PAX||8-9 PAX|
|Private Tour (4 ½ -5 hours)||4,500||2,500||2,000||1,800||1,650|
- Private air conditioned van or car with Licensed Driver
- English speaking tour guide with TAT license. Other languages are available on request
- All entrance fees / tickets as mentioned in the program
- All activities as mentioned in the program
- Khan Toke Dinner with Thai Performance
- Bottled drinking water in our car
- Travel accident insurance
What’s not included:
- Your personal expenses
- All kind of alcohols & soft drinks
- Other optional tours
How to wear:
- You should dress appropriately, T - shirt with short sleeves and long trousers is perfect for Temple tour.
What to bring:
- Sunscreen cream
- Hat or cap
- If you are happy with the level of service you’ve been provided by our tour guide and other local suppliers.
We only employ safe and careful drivers and use the most modern and comfortable air conditioned cars or vans. Transportation will be arranged depending on the size of your group.
Please note during peak holiday periods we often need to contract vehicles to meet the high demand. Occasionally the make and model will be different from that described above but we do ensure all contracted vehicles offer the same comfort and safety level.